This is my list of recommended WordPress Event Plugins. If you would like a plugin considered for this list, please let me know.
WordPress Event Registration & Ticketing Plugins
- Event Espresso – Originally launched in 2009 on WordPress.org in April 2009, as “Events Registration with PayPal,” renamed to Event Espresso in 2011. Event Espresso powers the event registration and ticketing aspects of your event website. However, calendar and additional features require premium plugins. The free (decaf) version ships with PayPal, Authorize.Net, and offline payment options and features a mobile attendance tracking app. Also, comes with a complete REST API READ/WRITE endpoints, providing interoperability between computer systems on the Internet.
- Events Manager – Originally developed for an Irish-folk band, Events Manager is one of the longest running event plugins for WordPress. Published to WordPress.org in early 2008, the Events Manager plugin has seen two complete rewrites since Marcus Sykes took over the plugin from Davide Benini in mid-2009. Does not ship with payment options in the free version.
- Event Tickets – A plugin by Modern Tribe, Event Tickets enables you to add RSVP functionality to posts or pages. When paired with The Events Calendar, you can add that same RSVP functionality directly to your event listings.
WordPress Event Calendars
- All-in-one Events Calendar – If your goal is to run a community events calendar, Timely’s All-in-one Event Calendar has everything you’ll need. Additional add-ons and features, such as ticketing and venues are available for a fee.
- The Events Calendar – Launched in late 2009, probably the most popular and well-known events calendar for WordPress. TEC features a nice interface, solid code, and a great team of developers and support staff. This plugin does offer ticketing features but these features require Eventbrite, plus a premium plugin, or the use of WooCommerce and additional premium plugins to add ticketing functionality.